Friday, August 31, 2007

My Birthday Boys......

























































Well, the end of August is the time that we get to celebrate the birthdays of my honey and my "sugarmuffin" (I am sure that I will hear about this one) :0)
August 22nd was Chad's birthday (I guess at our age we quit telling which number that it is). I tried to get in touch with him at work to find out if he wanted to go out for his dinner or eat at home and after not hearing from him...I started cooking. We had a nice meal together and I made his favorite dessert-coconut cream pie. Although he did keep asking me who made it so I guess that he thought his mom whipped it up before they left to head to Kentucky. We gave him a few gifts but it was a wonderful time to celebrate Chad and the wonderful husband, father and provided that he is, and always continues to be, for our family.
Happy Birthday honey. I can't believe as I look back on the years we have been together all the changes that we have seen and made. But "WE" are a constant, a comfort and a unchanging item in the world we live in. I know all the changes lately have been hard and stressful on you but all of us are so proud of you and the goals that you have set and achieved in your life. I can see where each of the boys get their determination and drive for life and that, my dear, is a great blessing that you have bestowed upon them. We love you.
They ONE WEEK LATER..I became the mother of a teenager. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? Austin turned 13. It seems like just yesterday that he was born and was a little toddler running around the house. It is amazing that it seems you blink and your children grow right before your eyes. You wish you could slow time down a little but since we can't I guess it is just a lesson in learning to appreciate every moment and opportunity that you have to share together. Because one day you will turn around and they will be all grown up. Hmmmm...
Well, we celebrated Austin's birthday at Osaka Japanese Hibachi steakhouse (his choice) and had a wonderful evening. Rick joined us for dinner which added to the joy of the celebration not only for Austin but for all of us. This weekend we are going to try to have a cookout and invite over Daddy and Frances and group to continue to celebrate him entering his teen years. Scary to think of how quickly they grow up....and how soon he will be driving!!!
Happy Birthday to you too Austin. You are growing into a wonderful young man, one I am very proud of and one who continues to amaze me all the time with the way that you live you life and be the "leader". That is a great gift that God has blessed you with and I pray that you will always listen to Him and allow him to guide you in the decision that you make for your life. Reach for the stars and aim high in your goals....you can do whatever you set your mind to and we look forward to continuing the journey with you.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Guys! I sure did miss getting to see you. Austin, I cannot even stand it that you are a teenager. You will always be that adorable little baby boy to me that melted my heart when he began to call me Geeger!

I love you!
Love,
Geeger