Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Leap of Faith



As most of you know our family has relocated to Collierville, Tennessee because of a job promotion that Chad received. Now those of you who know me well, will know that I am definately a create of habit and change is not something that I welcome with open arms. After many weeks of talking about it, praying about it and discussing it with the boys (who I might add at first were NOT going and told us they would see us whenever we made it back through Kentucky), we made the decision to move.

Growing up in Kentucky was wonderful to me. It is a beautiful state and has so much to offer that those of us that have lived there all "our lives" seem to take for granted. Having all the securites of "home" are also something that I think so many people take for granted....until time comes that they uproot those securities and move to a place that they hardly know anyone and finding their way around town becomes quite and adventure at times. I can remember my sister Jennifer (who is the reason that I am starting this blog site) and I used to drive out in the country of Lexington just to see how lost that we could get and how fun we thought that it was to try to be able to find our way back home. Well, let me tell you, I have not had any of those "fun" feelings driving around Memphis and everytime I initially had to enter my car to travel somewhere, the sense of panic began to set in.

Now as the weeks have begun to pass, the boys have settled into their new schools (oh, by the way, they both finally decided that they would be traveling with us on this move) and they are making more friends each and every day. Chad is becoming more adjusted in his job each day and I am hoping that as he continues to be more adjusted that it means that the hours that he works each day will decrease some. I have been adjusting to life in Tennessee also and each day brings with it a better sense of comfort in regards to the area and my ability to safely navigate my family and myself around. Just ask Mom and Dad. They came to see us a few days ago and I was totally stressed about having to drive MY PARENTS and get us from point A to point B but tried to act like I had been doing it for years. Well, we did make our destination but we may not have taken the most reasonable route and...I was still a nervous wreck. :0) I will be starting a new job in a few weeks at the Baptist Women's Hospital and I look forward to getting back to work (part time) as I think that will also help me continue to meet new people and continue to learn the community.

So to say that our journey is over....well, I think I am afraid to say that it is just beginning BUT I am excited about the journey because now that the hard part of it (leaving Kentucky) is behind me, I can focus on trying to make the best home and family like for the boys and myself and Chad as new residents of Tennessee.

BUT as I have always told people when they ask....we will always continue to bleed BLUE !!!!


Love to you all and til next time-

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jo -
You did a beautiful job! I am so very proud. Now... more pictures, please... I need to see those BOYS!

Love,
Furf

Jodi said...

I will...just give me a little time. I just learned how to get the pictures to download!!! Bossy Bossy Bossy! :0)

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Jodi. I like what you've done because it gives me little pictures into your life and the life of your family.

Memphis is a great place. You'll love it eventually.

Big Brother said...

Hey Sis :
I am impressed ,you did a great job setting this up ,now like Jen said keep adding so we can keep up with ya .
I talk to Rick the other day and he was telling me how well Chad was doing at work ,I am proud of you guys for taking on such a big leap in your lives ,theres no dought your all going to do great .
Love You guys Bob