Saturday, September 1, 2007

Home is where the heart is....
















"Home is where friendships are formed and families are grown; where joy is shared and true love is known; where memories are made and seeds of life are sown...."

If you had ever told me that I wouldn't live ALL my life, raise my family and grow old in KENTUCKY I would have been quick to tell you that you were crazy. I knew that I would live in Kentucky after all, that is all that I have ever known and really didn't need to know any different. I guess that tossing the idea around of "moving away" and living somewhere different always was ok because, well, I knew that it wouldn't happen and that I would still be living in and complaining about things in Kentucky-

Well, as you know from my previous posts, I was wrong. We did move away from Kentucky and really not to a "prime location" as I think Chad and I would consider when moving. What I mean there is we would probably think out West or somewhere walm and balmy all the time. But then, we really aren't in control. God is. And he knows what is best for us all the time even when we want to stomp our foot and disagree. Ultimately he is the one that makes the choices for us in our life, we just are the ones who chose whether to follow his choices or not. I think besides the initial fear, anxiety and sadness of leaving home has continued to lessen each day I learned a very valuable lesson. It doesn't matter what state I live in, what house I live in or for that matter how many times that I have to relocate ( but listen God...that isn't something that I am wishing for). Being with my family in a house is truly where my HOME is. It isn't the structure or the location but rather my family and knowing we are together, healthy and happy and knowing that through Christ all things are possible and you can embrace those opportunities as growing experiences that he affords you. You can live with them and learn from them BUT I have also learned that you can be an influence on new people too.

Now don't get me wrong, leaving Kentucky was not easy on any of us. But we are embracing it as we know that it was God's purpose for our family to be here. We have each other, we have a nice and comfortable home but more importantly...we always have God-

Love to you all and til next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jo Jo-

The house looks great. It seems so odd to see all your stuff THERE and not HERE!

Miss you...