Sunday, September 2, 2007

HUMPTY DUMPTY HAD A GREAT FALL....




"...all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty together again."

There are NO pictures of the incident which you are going to read about BUT this picture is so special to me and makes me cackle every time I see it and remember the day. I thought it would be GREAT to include with this blog because Jennifer was trying to get Bryson to enjoy the slip and slide and took a fall of her own. I don't think that she has still recovered from that day but once we knew everyone was ok, we all enjoyed a HUGE laugh. After all a picture is worth a thousand words (sorry Jennifer) and how great was it to be able to capture this one!
I know there are many of you who will get a kick out of this entry and then there will be those who will say, "well that is Jodi we are talking about!".
As kids growing up, Saturday was cleaning day. We each had our "chore" (although J1, J2 and J3 seem to agree that Mom didn't give me any chores...) and before we did anything that we wanted to do, we completed our chore and helped with house cleaning. It wasn't ever much because Mom did the majority of it...even though we all thought we were slaves and she was the slave driver! :0) I decided that since moving here, and Chad affording me the ability to work only part time, I wanted to institute Saturday morning cleanings in my home so that my days off during the week I could volunteer at the schools, have lunch with Chad, stamp and scrapbook and run errands that I needed to do before the boys came home from school. When I finally got out of bed yesterday morning I took a few minutes to wake up, showered and then started my day of cleaning. I had it all planned out. I would start upstairs with those rooms and work my way down. All was going great. I finished upstairs and started to collect my cleaning supplies to head downstairs to begin. Well...low and behold did I make it down in record time.
I lost my footing (although I want to blame it on MS, exhaustion from cleaning, anything except the fact that it was pure clumsiness...) and down the stairts I slid and landed smack down on my tailbone with my upper body coming down on impact like an accordian. I laid there thinking (1) it really didn't happen and (2) maybe no one would have noticed but in record time Chad and Austin were at the steps and my tears started flowing. I really for a brief time couldn't move and thought that I had broken my tailbone.
Well, all is well in the end. (No pun intended). With the exception of feeling like I did the morning after I flipped my car..which Dad, I do have some peanut butter and chocolate Baskin Robbins in the freezer THIS time...I am fine. I am bruised a little and cut a little but other than the HUGE bruise on my ego, Humpty is fine and was put back together again in this fairy tale. Needless to say my Saturday cleaning was over for the day, but there is always next week....
Love to you all and til next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jodi-

So glad that I could bring a smile to your face YET AGAIN with that photo finish FALL. That was hysterical! I was just talking about that the other day with Jamie. I can't even look at a slip and slide without thinking of it....

Oh the times we have had. Too bad we didn't have a camera with the parking meter incident... then I could post THAT ONE on my blog! :)

I love you.
Love,
Furf