Thursday, June 5, 2008

NYC-Day 2













Well, Today was another great day for the Hudnall's in New York, although I must admit that with getting up and about this morning it did make for an interesting start to our day. It is never a great thing, no matter what state or city that you live in, when you look out your windows and are greeted with television news trucks lining the streets around your hotel. But you know I still thought, okay, we are in NYC....it may be a celebrity, a politician, who knows maybe they know that I am in town and a Derek Jeter fanatic and want to talk to me about it? You just never know? So we got ready, had a bite for breakfast and headed out of our hotel in to the thick of a picket, protest, rally...whatever you would like to label this. But boy were they marching and boy were they shouting. And there were cars parked EVERYWHERE. And then we proceeded to note that not only were there cars and such parked everywhere, there were vehicles that appeared to be secret service vehicles parked around, so naturally we had to check that out. And low and behold....Mayor Bloomberg was perched at a together.com rally, conference, meeting (again choose the word you would like here) right in the heart of Time Square. So we decided that we had enough of this excitement and decided to start out 15 block walk to head to Central Park. Now the one thing I have to know is do horn run on fuses? Because I know if they do I know that around here I bet that horn fuses get replaced ALOT. I have heard MORE people honk their horns at people(red or green lights) AND alot of profanity (I guess that could also be considered road rage)and even about saw a homeless and hungry man about attack a tourist today because he had THE NERVE to be trying to take his picture holding his "I AM HUNGRY AM BROKE" sign and had the nerve to ask his to hold it up. Now I can't type in here the words that the man used with the tourist today BUT I told Chad that I felt quite alot safer last night in the dark than I did in all the excitement in this short hour out this morning.
Anyhow....on to the evening. After the Central Park visit we did visit Toys R Us looking for something special for Bryson and say these really cool lego exhibitions and then headed to Ann Taylor Loft (oh yeah...my favorite store), rested at the room for an hour or so then it was out for a night on the town. We headed to Broadway Joe's for dinner. It has been the best meal that we have had since being here. And I think that we have both agreed on that. Then we headed to the theater on Broadway for the Phantom of the Opera. IT WAS AWESOME. I don't think that I will ever get tired os seeing that Opera and hearing that music. It is such a beautiful love story and they did a wonderful job at the production of it. It was another WONDERFUL day in the CITY and I am looking forward to tomorrow.
Tune in...
Much love and til next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey! It looks like you all are having A BLAST!!! I am so glad. Can't wait to hear all about it.