Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New York City Day One




























































Well we arrived safely in the Big Apple last night around 10:15PM rode the shuttle over to our hotel that was only a few miles from the airport. Although it was a little late in the evening we were both a little "wired" so Chad sat up and worked a little while on the computer and I started reading a new James Patterson book that I brought along for the trip....
And then this morning at 8:30 we were awoken with a visit at our hotel from the FDNY...thank goodness though a false alarm...but yet I was caught by one of them sitting up in our window sill taking pitures of them. Oh well, I just waved and continued taking photos. After completing my "photo shoot" with the FDNY, we ate a quick breakfast then cleaned up and headed into Manhattan to our hotel room at the Millennium in the heart of Time Square. We were able to check in early, drop off our bags, and spent the next 4 1/2 hours shopping down the 5th Avenue shops. We found Rockefeller Center and the spot for the Today Show so that we know where to head out in the morning so that we can run down there and try to be a couple of the goobers who stand behind Matt Lauer and Ann Curry on the telephone while they are talking about some really important crisis going on in the world. Won't you ALL BE PROUD to be associated with us if we are on television doing that??? Then we continued to head around to all the shops until LOW AND BEHOLD I was able to find the one shop that I was destined to search out and go into and come out with a little "blue box" with some little bobble from there. I was able to find Tiffany's. Chad didn't really have any clue what Tiffany's was...not even when we first went inside. Until he asked if there was anything BESIDES jewlery. I answered that there didn't need to be anything else, and then he knew that he was in big trouble. But he treated me to the most beautiful sterling silver earrings and necklace set. And I almost felt like Audrey Hepburn as I was trying them on in the store......I felt like a princess! I can't wait to wear them at the opera tomorrow night! We left Tiffany's and continued to walk around shopping and headed back to the room around 5-ish to rest for a while before we headed out for dinner and an evening in Time Square.
We had dinner at Bubba Gumps and enjoyed shrimp, Forrest Gump style, then headed into the thick of Time Square and just ooohed and aaahed at all the lights, sights and sounds of the Square in the evening and when all the people are out in the evening. It is really an amazing place and I just can't even imagine being in this every day of my life. Might be a bit much but for right now it is just amazing....
We are having the time of our lives and I am taking it all in. It is an amazing experience and something that I will never forget. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds and can't wait to share it with you!
With much love and til next time-

2 comments:

Guadita said...

i love NY

im from argentina..


kissess..from here!!


:)

Jennifer said...

WHOO HOO! An update on the blog! SO SO excited! It looks like you are having a great time. Be CAREFUL if you go to the Statue of Liberty... our family has had bad luck on the FERRY RIDE! bah hah.