Sunday, June 22, 2008

Martin Family Reunion















5/24/08
Well, the day after Austin's graduation it was time to head to Union City, Tennessee for the Martin Family Reunion. This would be the first one since the passing of Grandpa and although it was kinda bittersweet for me to be going...because he wouldn't be there in body....I was glad to be going to see Mom, Dad, Uncle Jed, Aunt Carol, Jennifer and the children. PLUS...being from a Baptist bred family...you know that we know how to cook so there is always good food to be eaten so I was bringing a hearty appetite with me and I was ready for some good ole country cookin (and I knew mom was making Brisket!!!!!!).
o we made the 2 hour trip from Collierville to Union City and headed in to the church and enjoyed the fellowship, the food and just the relaxation of the afternoon. I was able to meet my niece Sara for the first time and she was not only ADORABLE.....but she was a hoot. She was so much fun and she took to everyone just fabulously. She seemed like she had been part of the family for years already and just adapted to everything just wonderfully. Jennifer and the children are going to be visiting next week for a few days and I can hardly wait to be able to spend a few days alone with all of them. I can't wait for some quality time. Especially to get to know little Sara a little more.
Anyhow, the afternoon went by too quickly and then it was time to head our seperate ways. We all said our goodbyes, packed up our vehicles and went our seperate ways until the next time. Chad, Austin and I (Bryson stayed back in Tennessee, or rather Mississippi with Pop and Nini) headed to the cemetery to visit the gravesite of Grandma and Grandpa for a few moments. And then after that....headed back home to Collierville. Austin and I caught some ZZZzzzz's on the ride back home (sorry honey) so when we got home, it was nap time for Chad.
All in all a good day for everyone. Bellies all full, naps taken and another day of memories made.
Love to you all and til next time-

No comments: