Friday, June 13, 2008

New York City...Take Me Out to the Ball Game....





























































































Well, the day finally arrived. The moment that the entire trip, the gift, the clues....the whole thing was centered around. It was finally here. It was finally time to make our way to the subway to head downtown to Yankee Stadium. Yeah Sure!!! We could get a cab or better yet as Chad said, we could get a limo and go first class to the stadium, but we wanted to do it all NEW YORK style and go to the subway, buy a ticket and ride in the subway from Grand Central Station all the way to 161....Yankee Stadium. And then we entered Grand Central Station...my heart started beating a little faster but, ok I was still alright. It was a busy time of day. People had places to go, people to see. Me too! We walked up to the counter and we were directed to where we were to go and headed in that direction. We bought our round trip tickets on the subway and waited along with alot of other people to get on the train as I tried to calculate how ALL these people would get on this ONE train. My heart was still racing and I was a little nauseated (it was a little warm in there!!!) and then here comes the train. AND YES!!!! All those people DID fit on that ONE train and let me tell you not many people got OFF to accomodate that many people getting on. As we made our way downtown, there were several stops along the way to pick up...yes pick up...more sardines into our tin can and when we finally arrived at YANKEE stadium Chad asked me "well, what did you think of the subway?". I think that the look on my face said it all.
My subway experience quickly faded as I laid eyes on the beauty of the stadium. The sight that I had come all this way to see. And the dream that Chad had fulfilled for me. I felt so special. He had made this week so special already for me with all that we had done. With the things that he had done for me this week and the special things that we had shared as firsts together. The gifts that he has given me have been phenominal and now this.....to fulfill this dream is just beyond words. I just can't even begin to express to how I am feeling. I know that I always tease with him about it being over "baseball players" and "Derek Jeter" but for him to know what it meant for me to be able to just SEE the Yankees play in their stadium before it was torn down and to make that happen for me means so much to me. NO, I don't know all the Yankee history. No, I can't tell you every little detail about past and present players and their stats and No I don't know ever rule about baseball but I do love the game, I do love the Yankees but moreso I do love my husband for making this trip happen for me. Yes, Derek Jeter is my favorite player and no I don't know every detail and stat about him. But I enjoy watching him play as well as the rest of the team. But all in all, it was a wonderful night...a wonderful dream come true and from the most WONDERFUL husband, best friend and my all time favorite player to watch ever!!!!! Thank you for making this dream happen Chad!
SO, as I was saying....we arrived at the stadium around 5:15-ish and game time was 7:05pm. We wanted to be able to have plenty of time to take in the sights and absorb all of the atmosphere as well as hit the shops and do some picture taking. So we found out seats, which were AWESOME, and settled in to see what the YANKEE buzz was all about. The stadium was really pretty and the field was beautiful. We watched both teams warm up and then......
GAME TIME!!!! We enjoyed a great game, GREAT atmosphere and great ball park food (I mean where can you go to a ball game and get sushi???). We really had a great night!
Well, I am sad to say that the Yankees lost to the Royals that night 2-1 BUT it was still a wonderful night at the stadium watching the boys play their game, and sharing this dream come true with the only one I would have wanted to share it with....even if he isn't a Yankee fan.
Love to you all and til next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

THESE ARE GREAT PICTURES!!!!! It really looks like you all had a great time. I am so glad... Tim and I did the bus tour, too. It was pretty cool. :)