Sunday, November 4, 2007

A TRIP TO KENTUCKY



























































































Friday October 26th, Chad and I decided to let the boys stay home from school and even though he couldn't travel with us because of work-I packed the boys into the car and headed north for a weekend back to Kentucky for a quick visit so that they could see their friends. I knew that I would not get any time to visit with anyone other than my family because I would probably be busy playing taxi driver for them taking them here, there, and yonder. But plans were made and we set out around 8am friday morning and arrived in Lexington around 330pm and headed over first to see Pappoo as we had to deliver the famous "pots" that were noted on the last post. We visited with him for a while and then after leaving had a few stops to make before arriving at Jamie and Chuck's house which is where we would be staying during our visit for the weekend. The one person that I had intended on seeing while I was in town was my best friend Cathy and while I took Bryson over to play with friends from our neighborhood, I stopped by her house and there was no one home when I rang the door bell a couple times. I was very disappointed not to have been able to see her but sometimes that is just how things happen and like I said, I really didn't plan on getting the chance to see anyone myself this trip (I didn't tell any of my friends except Cathy I was even comning because I knew I wouldn't have any time to see anyone) so I just chalked it up to bad timing and tried to deal with it with a little retail therapy. :0) That seems to always help!!!

We headed back home to Tennessee on Sunday afternoon and for the first couple hours of the trip the boys talked NON-STOP. They were really excited about coming in and leaving, I know, for them was bittersweet. But it was an easy drive and I told them that we could definately come back, and would be back, really soon as the holidays are right around the corner. Thanks to all of you who visited with us. Thanks Chuck, Jamie and Briana for having Bryson and I in your home for those days....and making me get up at 6:30 in the morning :0). I enjoyed being with you all and as always hated to leave you but makes getting to see you soon more special- We each brought home a special souveniour to Tennessee so check out the next post to see about them!!


Love to you all and till next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

JoJo...
We loved having you all here! I miss you guys so much I can't stand it.

Can wait to see you again!

Love,
Furf