Sunday, November 25, 2007

Are you thankful??? I sure am!










































































































"To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.".
WOW....as I was trying to think of all the things that I could list that I was greatful for this Thanksgiving the usual my family, my children, my health, my home, all those possessive things came to mind when it really hit me that what I really need to be thankful for is that my Heavenly father died on the cross all those year ago for ME, little ole me, so that I could become a child in Christ, and live an eternal life in the kingdome of Heaven. What a glorious gift of sacrifice that was given to each of us that each and every day we take for granted in our daily lives knowing that no matter what happens, at then end of each day, we can pray to that Father and ask for his almighty forgiveness and he tells us that all is well and we are forgiven and will enjoy one day and everlasting life in the kingdom with him.
I read a book, and recently gave it to Daddy for his birthday called 90 minutes in Heaven. For those of you who have not read it.....PLEASE DO. It will totally inspired you to want to change you life and accept Christ so that you have the opportunity to experience the wonderment of the glories of entering Heaven. I am never one to "rush" my life here on earth or wish my life away BUT I can tell you....I am not afraid of dying because (1) I know exactly which direction I am going, (2) I can't wait to experience the wonders that Reverend Piper descibered vividly in his book and (3) I can only HOPE, WISH and PRAY that with all of my heart one of the first people waiting on the other side of those pearly gates waiting to show me around is one of my greatest heroes, my Grandpa, Vivian James.
So, on this Thanksgiving Day...I hope that each of you had time to reflect on those things and those people that you are thankful for. Those people that you know needed a little extra prayer and those people that are far less fortunate that we are-
I have included pictures in this blog from both our thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day that we spent as a special day with just Chad, me and the boys. Then on Saturday, November 24th (also the day of the UK vs UT game) with Daddy, sister Cyndi (a UT fan) Kelsey and my family(of course the UK fans) enjoying another HUGE thanksgiving feast and a wondeful time of fellowship! We love any time that we are able to spend together with family. Whether it is Chad and the boys and I....or the whole crew!
God Bless you all and with love till next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

NO MORE ROCKY TOP!!!!!! We can't bear to hear it again!!!! It was a heartbreaking loss... but our boys went down fighting!

Sure looks like you had a great time.