Sunday, November 4, 2007

Just what I always...wanted?!?!?!??







Coming home from our trip from Kentucky Austin, Bryson and I each brought home something rather unique from our travels.
The weather was a little cool and rainy which in turn triggered Bryson's allergies AND...he ended up with a sore throat and croup. He got to go to the MD on Monday and thankfully his strep test was negative (because we all know how many of those we had come back positive through out the years....) and he got to take a prescription of steroids for a few days.
Austin was spending the weekend with Rob and during one of the many sporting excursions (you know all those "boy things") they were playing flag football (again, a non-contact, less physical version of football. We can even have girls playing in this....) and Austin hurts his left pinky finger. They think that he has just jammed it really bad, although he can't really remember exactly when he did it but when he shows it to me it resembles something like when Fred Flinstone drops a bowling ball on his toe and it swells up on the cartoon and it is black and blue....SO, he also gets to go to the MD on Monday AND we also get to go to the hospital to get xray of not only his finger but also of his hip because it was hurting and she wanted to make sure that he didn't fracture his pelvis too. Well his hip was just a hip "pointer" or deep bruise but his finger was broken and is a splint and taped for a couple weeks. It doesn't have to be casted because it isn't broken in the growth plate. :0) YIPEE! And now me...

I was the lucky one who got to share a bed with Bryson so Jodi came home with a black eye. During the night Saturday night Bryson sat up (mind you he is asleep) and then proceeds to lay back down but in the process, head butts me so hard that not only do I see stars...I think that I see Jupiter and Mars. I just knew that he had split my forehead open and once I could think I just felt around and made sure that I didn't feel blood and then just tried to lay still because the entire bed was spinning. The next morning after getting out of the shower I saw it. My prize. My first black eye at the ripe ole age of, well...that isn't important but I have to think of a good story for it because I surely can't go around and say that I got it from a 9 year old boy!

love to you all and til next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Jo -

That shiner is looking pretty good!!!

;)