Thursday, October 11, 2007

The place where I come from-

There have been several years when Austin has had to compose a poem about "where I come from". We have enjoyed laughing at the poems (along with him so don't think I am cruel) not because it wasn't well written but because of what he sees as things that personify...who he is and what all pieces come together to make him, well, Austin-
Well- he came home from school today to inform me that he had to write another one and it was complete and wanted to read it to me. As I settled in Grandpa's chair to prepare to laugh along with him I was in AWE of the poem that he produced. I just had to share it with you all-

The Place Where I come From
By: Austin Hudnall
I come from a place that's pretty normal,
Not much different than the others.
Just about everything you can see in other houses,
You will more than likely find where I am from.
I come from a place where GOD comes first.
All other things are less important,
There is church every Wednesday and Sunday,
But every day we try to live to the fullest.
Some of the best cookers in the world are where I come from.
Meatloaf, chicken and pumpkin pie are out of this world.
Whenever grandparents visit, it's always the first thing I ask about,
I get a "yes, I knew you would ask.".
Sports also help run my life,
Football, hockey and wrestling are just a few.
My weeks are usually filled with these tough priorities
But that's just fine with me.
Chores are an every day thing-
From cleaning my room or taking out trash.
You earn what you get where I'm from.
Life is great where I'm from,
It's not perfect, we have our problems.
I take what life gives me.
That's where I'm from.
Now...are you all crying at how grown up he is!!! :0(
Love to you all and til next time-

No comments: