Monday, November 10, 2008

11th Annual Buddy Walk


















"MAN LOOKS AT THE OUTWARD APPEARANCES, BUT THE LORD LOOKS AT THE HEART."


I Samuel 16:7



























































OCTOBER 19TH, 2008

So as you will be able to tell from my next several blog postings, they will be somewhat out of sequence. Our home computer had crashed and we lost everything and I had to download all of my digital pictures onto Chad's work laptop so that he could then upload them onto discs. Well, now lo and behold, they are sitting on his desk at work so there are a couple of blogs that I need to post that will be done at a later day....out of order.

Anyhow, on October 19th, I headed SOLO to the Memphis Botanical Gardens to attend the 11th annual DSAM Buddy Walk. It was an absolutely GORGEOUS day in the Memphis area. There was not a cloud in the sky and you could get away with a long sleve t-shirt and no jacket and be MORE than comfortable, and at some points of the day, even a bit warm. As per in the years past, there was plenty of food, sodas, water and games and activites for the kiddies and plenty of social time for the adults. I got to spend lots of great time with Daddy, Fran, Cyndi Lou and the reason for it all....Kelsey Denise!!!!

After some usual festivites that are done every year to prepare for the mile long walk....which I must say with all the people there this year seemed like it was at LEAST 3 miles....we lined up in preparation. But ona side note let me first tell you---I know that each of you have heard me talk over and over about my buddy Kameron from Cyndi's school. I adore him (Jennifer, you have even talked to him on the phone and he promptly hung up on you when he was done talking) :0). Well, he made us all MOST proud when he stood in front of everyone with his big sister and recited the Pledge of Allegiance before the mile walk began. Talk about a tug at your heart!!!!! What a boy! And then I went to give him a great big hug and he told me that he was going to go and eat some pizza. I told him that he sure enough deserved it!!! I would buy him a whole pizza store at that point if I could!!! I know Cyndi was even prouder, after all, she is his teacher!

Again, it was a beautiful day, a beautiful cause and filled with beautiful people. God shone the sun brightly and smiled on all his children that were there that day.

Love to you all and til next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awesome pictures... and by the way I WANT ONE OF THOSE BLACK T-SHIRTS!!! I don't care how much it costs... It was way cool!