Saturday, February 23, 2008

We Are Excited to Announce....IT'S A BOY!!!!!

Daddy and Frances, Mom and Dad, brothers and sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins and everyone else that I forgot.....we would like to announce that you all have a new Grandson, nephew, cousin to meet and we are so excited to introduce him to you. NOW, as you are pulling yourself back to the computer screen from the floor, let me clear up a few things-
First- to Jamie, NO I didn't actually go through with my ploy to take a sweet baby from the hospital while I was working in the Labor and Delivery unit. Those moms worked way to hard to get those babies and our hospital security is out of this world so I wouldn't make it to my car even if I tried...not that I would mind you.
Next-remember you all saw me at Christmas and most of you were telling me how I needed to eat and GAIN weight so I haven't had a child through a miraculous anorexic birth experience. Daddy and Frances have seen me since Christmas and can vouch that I am not "with child" and Cyndi can really vouch for me as she saw me a few days ago.
and Finally-no Chad and I didn't get some wild hair and decide that we would add to our brood by adopting. I think that adoption is a wonderful, wonderful thing but the two kids that I have are all that I need. If God wants me to have more than he and I are going to have to have a long long talk! :0)
So now, with all the talking aside, let me introduce you all to Sassy Little Oreo:



Well we have been thinking for sometime now that we needed to get a playmate for Sis. Sis is about the age now that Shelby was when we brought Sis home because Dr. MacDonald thought that having a companion for Shelby would be a good thing. St Bernards don't live much beyond 10 years of age so to get them a companion helps to lengthen their life as well as encourage them to stay active as they age....so thus the story began. That is how we got Sis and now.....
Meet Oreo. Oreo is a Pomapoo which mean that he is 1/2 Pomeranian and 1/2 Poodle. He was born on December 11, 2007 and he is just the sweetest puppy. He has a great little personality already and the kids have fallen in love with him. Now I thought that when we were searching for a playmate for Sis we would be looking for a big, sturdy pup and it really surprised me when Chad started looking at all the little yippy lap dogs. But Oreo just won our hearts. He just bounces and hops and LOVES Sis....but that feeling is not quite yet reciprocated. Princess Sis is still not too sure about her abode being invaded by this little puff of black and white. Although she is tolerant of a whole lot, this little puff seems to be everywhere she is and she can't even, well, you know, "do her business" without Oreo being underfoot waiting for her to take him on the next grand adventure. I am sure that in time they will become inseperable just as she and Shelby were, but for now Sis views Oreo as somewhat of a pain in the boohah...a really cute one but a pain none the less. She tolerates her being in her home but she does NOT like it when Chad or I are very close to the puppy and not close to her. But worse than that...if we are close to her and Oreo comes around, well that is just a big taboo. I remember back on when we brought Sis home and Dr MacDonald telling me that we did the right thing and it would be great in a few days. Shelby just had to show dominance over Sis. Dr MacDonal is a wonderful man and he was right...and I know that this is all going to be fine too. We adore our Princess Sis and really, we got the puppy for her to have a companion so she wouldn't be home alone while we are all at work and school, but change is always a hard thing and when you are in the initial phase it just seems like your world is being turned upside down. Oreo is a doll and we couldn't have gotten a better puppy so he is going to have a happy home here with us and his new buddy Sis for a long long time to come.
Love to you all and til next time-
































































4 comments:

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! YOU are crazy... I have anoiut 5 extras ones here I would have GIVEN TO YOU!!!! :)

He looks adorable!

Jodi said...

I think I must have been crazy Jennifer....:0)and to think we went in for a playmate for Sis who is about 120 lbs and came out with OREO who is 3.5 pounds!!!! What a hoot!!!
By the way...thanks for your comments. You are the one who always comments and I enjoy getting them back from you!!!
love ya-
jo

Jennifer said...

:) Hey... what does a person need to do to get a new update around here. Since I am your only reader... don't you think you could update this thing??? Austin had a concussion... and Bryson's hair is as long as mine...but do we see any updates??? NO...............

Unknown said...

hi aunt jodi...
i miss c'in u all. what has ben going on in the hudnall house? well i miss u all and hope 2 c u soon and btw(by the way) OREO IS ADORIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he is about the same weight as Domino maybe Domino is a lil' less but thats okay and how is Mitch the fish is he still hangin in there? well hope 2 ttyl LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!1
~NUT~