Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Alex's Big Day!!!
























































2/3/08 Bryson and I headed to Alex's birthday party at the new skating rink in Horn Lake, Mississippi. Austin was still sick with the flu and bronchitis, or rather recovering, and Chad was still working so we headed off alone to celebrate the birthday boy. We arrived fashionably late...and only after being a little slightly lost :0)...but we arrived none the less in time for the celebration, the cake and the presents. Alex HATED being sung "happy birthday" to as you can tell by the photo of him, he loved tearing into the gifts and he loved even more skating. Bryson and Alex skated around and around and around and those of you who know my boys know that they LOVE to skate and have been doing so for years. Kelsey is another who loves to BE on skates..with BE ON being the operative words. As she does not really attempt to skate. She likes to be on the skates and have you pull her around, as long as the skates don't come right out from under her or her favorite, which you can see in the photo, is the famous "buggy push" which is a great position for her not to lose her legs out from under her but it is TERRIBLE for your back and your legs!!!!! It was a great day.
After the party, Bryson went home with Amy and Alex for a while and I head over to the mall with Daddy, Frances, Kelsey and Cyndi. We shopped til we dropped and I got home way later than I had intended to(sorry again honey) :0( . Alex spent the night with us and Sunday we had to take Bryson to hockey practice from 12-2 and he sat down beside me on the chair and said "Aunt Jodi, I want to skate." I told him that he couldn't skate right now because they were practicing. He said "I know but that is just it. I told Uncle Chad I want to play hockey."
I don't know.....maybe we got another hockey player in the makings here!!!!
Time will tell...... :0)
Love to you all and til next time-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Bryson is starting to look so grown up! Tell him Peeker said to STOP THAT!!!

Alex is such a cutie pie...I just can't stand it. I can't beleive how grown up my boys are all becoming!!