Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July










Happy Fourth Of July
Well-
For those who know me, you know that I LOVE the 4th of July because I love cookouts, being with friends and family AND......it of course, means that my birthday is only a few days a way. Of course, the older I get it just doesn't seems as much fun to anticipate the upcoming addition of another birthday but since I can't avoid them, I may as well embrace them RIGHT???

Anyhow, this year for the 4th we were invited to a cookout to some wonderful friends home, the Norsworthy's. It was supposed to be a little overcast with the potential of some showers, so we were a little concerned with what the outcome of the day was going to be. Well, lo and behold....Mother Nature held out and we had a WONDERFUL day of friendship, fellowship, food and fireworks!!!! It was a great day spent with great people. I was unable to attend the Memorial Day cookout at their home, because I was working, so I met alot of new faces and people that I hope to be able to spend alot of time with in the future. We spent alot of time sitting by the pool watching the kids "master" their front flips and other various jumps off of the diving board, ate wonderful burgers, hotdogs and other dishes brought over by each family in attendance, had a ping pong tournament (which I can't remember who won it all but sad to say that I was eliminated in the first round by Shaun BUT happy to say that I feel that I really gave him a run for his money....at least I would like to think so!!!), and then ended the evening with a woderful firework display down in the cove before cleaning up, calling it an evening and heading home for the evening. My head barely hit the pillow before I was sound asleep from all the days activites but it was a wonderful day and wonderful new friends were made. Another successful 4th of July for the Hudnalls!!!

Love to you all and till next time-

No comments: